It’s a great summary of the ideas in this book, and I thought that this summary slide was particularly useful. Of course, reading one of his books on the subject would be an even better idea.
The flow state summarized below is a great description of the goal of any time management system. It’s one that allows the user to remain in, or attain the flow state of often as possible.
How Does it Feel to Be in Flow?
1. Completely involved in what we are doing – focused, concentrated.
2. A sense of ecstasy – of being outside everyday reality.
3. Great inner clarity – knowing what needs to be done, and how well we are doing.
4. Knowing that the activity is doable – that our skills are adequate to the task
5. A sense of serenity – no worries about oneself, and a feeling of growing beyond the boundaries of the ego
6. Timelessness – thoroughly focused on the present, hours seem to pass by in minutes
7. Intrinsic motivation – whatever produces flow becomes it own reward